Constructing an elegant deck in Melbourne is more than putting some chairs. To find the best ideas for designing patios in Melbourne, surf the internet and find decent services in the area.
A Patio as an Extension of a Room or House
A patio, if correctly designed, helps in extending one’s living space of a home into a yard or a fascinating outdoor. For maintaining aesthetics, similar flooring patterns can be continued outside as well. Extending the space of one’s living room or den will give more space to chill and lounge. An extended patio off a garage can make space for a work area, lounging, or even gardening.
A patio also curves around the corners and echos the contours of a house. A deck can be large or small, depending upon the outdoor space and how much one wants to use. Using the same flooring can maintain the aesthetic and make it look similar to a part of the home, matching the ground level.
Types and Shapes of Patios
One of the significant influences on the shape of a patio is the location. At the same time, others include the architectural build of the house, its size, budget, and the amount of outdoor space used to make the patio. As Australia has warm weather, homeowners should build patios with roofs. This will help them lounge peacefully without worrying about the scorching Australian sun.
Types and shapes of patios in Melbourne include:
- Detached or Freestanding Patio: This type is perfect for more significant spaces with attractive gardens and landscaping. It is ideal for ones who wish for a quiet cottage away from the activity of the house. Some additions to this patio include roofs, furnishing, and water features. These are easily accessible through a walkaway or a garden path.
- U-Shaped and L-Shaped Patios: These patios are accessible from various rooms and guard the home. They are a smooth extension to one’s home and have a straightforward yet elegant design.
- Wraparound Patio: It resembles a wraparound porch but only takes up larger outdoor space, usually attached to the backside. It enlarges one’s living space.
- Multilevel Patio: It is built on a large lot or slope, and one may benefit from adding multilevel patios connected by paths or steps. If one has a house in a lovely location in Melbourne overlooking the ocean, one can even benefit from the serene view. It provides outdoor entertaining and space for lounging and chilling.
- Entry Patio: This is the best way to utilise one’s front lawn area while enjoying privacy. It also makes the property seem more significant and beautiful with some extra touch of floor paving, a few container plants, some lovely fountain additions and a wall for a stunning entrance.
Different furniture materials that can be used
Of course, wood is the most common material used for patio furniture in Melbourne. For a change, consider using whitewashed wood and rattan for the patio. It will be given an overall look that does not sacrifice the area’s utility. Also, place some container plants near this outdoor furniture.
Since it is an outdoor space, one might want to contact a reliable company in Melbourne that can help with their patio to make their house look more beautiful. Experienced interior design firms have the best creative minds, and no matter what shape the raw land is in, they will help make it better, more beautiful and usable.